1. Downsize, de-clutter, toss it out! Spring cleaning can do wonders for your mind and soul. While material possessions can make us happy the second we buy them, we often tire of them in the long-term. If you didn’t wear that shirt last year, you won’t wear it this year either. Donate to someone who can use it!
2. Invoke your inner artist. Have you ever seen a painting and thought, “I can do that!?” Well, now is your time to give it a go. Unearth your old watercolors and let loose!
3. Volunteer. Don’t just do it once, build it into your lifestyle. Find something you really have an interest in and ask that organization how you can help out. Love working with kids? Sign up as a homework helper. Enjoy gardening? Ask a local shelter how you can help beautify the surrounding land for those living inside.
4. Escape the real world. Head out to your nearest library and check out a book. Find a cozy spot and relax into the story.
5. Plan a picnic. Now technically you’ll have to spend a little bit to purchase your food for this tip, but it’s easy to be frugal! Pack some cheese and crackers, fruit and a bit of something sugary and sweet for a relaxing getaway. Spread out your blanket and lay back so you can soak up some rays!