1. Chew gum. This motion will loosen your jaw, where much of your stress is stored during the day.
2. Take a walk. Instead of staring at your computer screen while you eat lunch, get some fresh air and go for a stroll around the block. This can relieve some of your anxiety and refresh you for the 2nd half of the work day.
3. Make a small sachet of lavender and keep it by your desk. This plant is often used as a remedy for anxiety and depression and research shows that when inhaled, lavender can soothe and calm the senses.
4. Write a to-do list. When you walk into work each morning, make a list of all the tasks/activities you need to accomplish. The act of crossing things off a list is always very satisfying and allows you to see how much you achieve throughout the day!
5. Eat an apple. Fruits are loaded with antioxidants, fiber and vitamin C. They’re easy to carry and give you a quick energy boost if you feel sluggish.
The Healing Center provides counseling, group therapy and other support services. All of our services are free, as we believe that everyone, regardless of inability to pay, deserves the help they need. To learn more about our services, please visit our website.