Everything covered in this blog reflects something spiritual in nature, but it’s always beneficial for me to become familiar every now and again about my purpose here.
Here are some simple ways to incorporate spiritual wellness in your life.
1. Before you go to bed every night, think of one thing that happened during the day that made you feel grateful. Thank someone who acted kind towards you, someone who made a difference, yourself, or whoever/whatever you go to for spiritual wholeness.
2. Try to treat others with kindness, especially those who come off as jealous, demeaning, or unfriendly. This is often challenging, but by meeting their negativity with something positive, you can protect your own emotions and maybe make someone else’s day better!
3. Celebrate your inner child! With the temperatures rising, there are endless opportunities for kid-friendly activities—ditch your afternoon coffee for a chocolate ice cream with a friend, play in the dirt (garden, hike, throw around a Frisbee at the park), or take on the water slide challenge at your nearest waterpark. I’ve done a couple of these things lately and felt rejuvenated!
4. When life hands you lemons, take one day at a time — and then make some lemonade! Relax and realize that you’re just one person, doing the best you can, and that’s all you can do! Give yourself credit for small achievements like finishing a complicated task at work or on tough days, just getting through the afternoon!
5. Carve out a bit of time for yourself each day. Read, walk, or just breathe. You deserve it and the rest of your life will thank you for taking these moments of self-care.
What tips would you like to share with our readers?
The Healing Center provides counseling, group therapy and other support services. All of our services are free, as we believe that everyone, regardless of inability to pay, deserves the help they need. To learn more about our services, please visit our website.